Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters
Revised Protocols for In-Person Worship
Since the beginning of the pandemic, VPC leadership has made every effort to focus on member and guest safety during in-person worship. We want to assure you that the Session, staff, and the WMLA Task Force are prayerfully and judiciously discerning what is safest for our setting. As previously stated, for the sake of consistency we intend to follow the CDC.
On Monday, May 24, 2021, the VPC Session met to discuss recommendations from our WMLA Task Force regarding the new CDC guidelines. At this meeting, the Session approved the following:
- Registration is no longer required for the in-person Sunday worship service. If you do not yet feel comfortable or are unable to be in person with us, the virtual worship service will continue to be available.
- The Session suspends the requirement for mandatory mask wearing at Vanderbilt Presbyterian Church.
- Other individuals may choose to continue wearing a mask for their own personal reasons. We encourage anyone who is more comfortable wearing a mask to do so.
- Those gathered are permitted to sing during worship. (Choir will resume at a later date).
- All sanctuary pews will be made available for seating. We still request 3 feet of social distance between family units.
We know that this has been a challenging, and at times, a frustrating process. We all long to throw open the doors of the church, hug one another and mingle around the coffee pot. We aren’t there yet. However, following these safety measures will get us to that point sooner rather than later. We will continue to live into a new “normal” which will incorporate slow and thoughtful changes. It is our hope that we will meet each other in kindness and love, mask or no mask.
Join us for Virtual or In-Person Worship!
Services can be viewed at any time by clicking : Sunday Worship